Set amidst the serene surroundings, this picturesque property near to the TATA Tea Factory, Pallivasal is an ideal leisure haven. There are six 250sq feet in size suites, each decked with the choicest accessories needed for a comfortable stay. The Cardamom Restaurant has an interesting menu, ranging from Continental to Chinese and from creamy North-Indian dishes to fiery South-Indian cuisine. Ayurvedic treatments are available for the rejuvenation of the guests.
There are six such types of rooms that overlook the garden area and are 250square feet in size, and designed with tile floors. The wooden decor includes a king-size bed, a sofa set, a luggage rack, a reading table, a shelf and a dining table. A telephone and a cable TV are also available in this room.
by Neelakantan R
from CHENNAI, India
Recommended for Everyone
The resort is 500m off the main road in steep downhill. You can only reach there with the help of the 4x4 they provide. Nevertheless, they had good hospitality, and were available with their vehicle whenever we wanted to move.
Room was neat & spacious. The surroundings were excellent. Clean toilets.
Room service was really good, and this is where these people gain an edge.
Finally, one disappointment. There was a bandh on our check-out day. They really rushed us to check-out in the early morning, and were not accommodating in extending some space even for extra charges till the evening.
Overall, this resort is worth for the money you spend.
by Gaurav Garg
from BANGALORE, India
* It is located 8-9 KM away from the city centre on the Cochin Road.
* 'Resort' is more of a misnomer for Glenmore Resort. Its actually a kind of homestay cum small hotel (3-4 rooms in total).
* I would rate the room quality to be Below Average in general, definitely not worth the price you pay for this resort.
* Location is both it's high point and low point. It's located at a great depth from the main road, so no valley or mountain view. You come out of your room and you have just some very tall trees in front of you. There is a small water source flowing further down near by which is the saving grace. Sometimes it gives you a feeling that you are staying right in the middle of jungle.
* Washrooms were not very clean.
* Limited options in restaurant menu, restaurant service is just average. Food was again just average, nothing great.